How to Replace a 2005 Ford F-350 Turn Signal Flasher
- 1). Pry the top clamshell off the steering column with the trim tool. The clamshell is the semi-circular piece of trim covering the steering column where it meets the steering wheel. You can pick up a trim tool at most auto parts stores for a nominal fee.
- 2). Unplug the wiring harness from the multifunction switch body by hand. You can locate the switch body by following the turn signal stalk into the steering column. It connects to the body of the switch.
- 3). Remove the screw holding the switch body to the steering column using the Phillips screwdriver.
- 4). Lift the switch out of the steering column by hand and insert the new switch into the same position previously occupied by the old switch.
- 5). Thread the screw into the switch body by hand and then tighten it down with the screwdriver.
- 6). Plug the wiring harness into the new switch by hand and then pop the clamshell back onto the steering column by hand as well.